The K HAND COATER is a simple and practical piece of equipment for carrying out such tests, whenever and wherever needed.
The K Hand coater consists of wire wound K Bars and the IMPRESSION BED. The K Bars are made of stainless steel, wound with stainless steel wire of selected diameters, to give predetermined wet film deposits, ranging from 10 microns to 100 microns. The K Bars are numbered and fitted with handles for easy identification. The IMPRESSION BED has a synthetic rubber surface of controlled shore hardness, and a clip to hold substrate in position.
Suitable For Following Industries
- Rotogravure / Flexo Printers for testing of inks and surface coatings
- Liquid inks Manufacturers for testing of ink shades / strength
- Surface coating, metal decorating and Picture Varnish Manufactures
- Paper and Boards Mills, for checking Coatings and Varnishability of Coated Paper and Board
- Paint, Resins, Lacquers, Adhesives, Dyes and Pigment Manufactures
- Photographic Paper Cosmetics and Ceramic Colours
- Textile Printing for testing of colour shades / prints
- Drawdowns can be made on variety of substrates such as plastic films, paperboard, metallized films, metal plates, foil and textiles etc
Contents In K Hand Coater Sets
Small size sets with effective coating area (WxL) - 140 mm x 120 mm
- Model 301 : with 4 Bars numbering from 1 to 4. (Along with impression bed / pad)
- Model 302 : With 8 Bars numbering from 1 to 4 and 6 to 8. (Along with impression bed / pad)
Large size sets with effective coating area (WxL) - 200 mm x 300 mm
- Model 401 : with 4 Bars numbering from 1 to 4. (Along with impression bed / pad)
- Model 402 : With 8 Bars numbering from 1 to 4 and 6 to 8. (Along with impression bed / pad)
All the above sets, contains an impression bed of synthetic rubber of controlled shore hardness with effective coating area as mentioned above. Together with strong Clip to hold substrates. The K bars are provided with numbered handles and protection covers. All the items are packed in a strong box for regular use.